Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

It's Kid's Clothes Week this week

And I have signed up - more motivation to get some worth out of all these delicious patterns I keep buying online.

And would you believe it I've already made something for it - ok, so I cheated and made them last week but I'm counting them anyway! Apologies for this pic, I really need to pre-edit the pics, but they probably wouldn't get into the blog.


So/sew details:
Pattern: The big butt baby pants by Made by Rae
Fabric: Printed corduroy that I bought at Spotlight especially.
Other stuff: this pattern is very easy and quick to sew up, this little tute on how to remove the pucker is particularly helpful. I only had 1 inch elastic, so they are just a smidge short in the body.  I have since gone out and bought some 1/2 inch elastic for the next round.  The pattern goes up to a 2T, but I think it will be easily adaptable to bigger sizes if we're still in nappies after that.
I have to say they were very well received, zbl even squealed with delight when she saw them, probably as they are so bright and colourful.
This pattern will get a work out this summer to make some more light weight pants as well as shorts for the hotter days.


No comments:

Post a Comment